I can't believe little Monkey is 3!!! It seriously seems like we just barely moved back to Utah and I was huge pregnant unpacking boxes just weeks away from him being born. And now we've moved into a house and we have another baby in the house. Time really flies!
Here's Monkey on his birthday morning opening some presents:
Since he's my only summer birthday I tend to save all the fun water toys for his birthday. That way it's a present and an activity to keep the boys busy all day. This year it was water guns and a slip-n-slide and it was a BIG hit!!
Two neighbor friends came over and they were out playing and getting wet all day. I even turned on my 'fun mom' button and passed out popsicles and punch all day. 
By dinner time the little guy was all worn out! We prepared his favorite: Hot Dogs. It's also his favorite random thing to say to get a laugh out of us! 
That evening we had some family over for cake and ice cream and a few more presents:
It was a really fun day and I hope he enjoyed it! (Look at those long eye lashes!!)
Monkey is at that stage where everything he says is so cute. He skips over a lot of consonants in words so they sound so adorable. And some sound like bad words and we have to try really hard not to laugh because we don't want him to realize he's saying a bad word because he would KEEP saying it. A few examples are:
Grass=Gas
Bridge=Bidge
Flag=Fag
Star Wars=Dar Wers
Light Saber=Wite Saver
Tree=Chee
Mosquito=Giddo
Scratch=Gatch
Motorcycle=Matercycle
Birthday=Birsday
Ice Cream=Ice Ceam
Drink=Jink
Anyway, it's adorable and we're loving every minute of his super cute talking! It can be frustrating because he can switch moods faster than I can catch up. He'll be super adorable batting his long eyelashes and saying something cute, but if you tell him to stop doing something, or if you happen to say the thing he was about to say he will turn grumpy instantly. Sometimes he'll completely drop to the ground; not to throw a tantrum, but to just lay there. Which doesn't sound too bad, unless your at a store, or church, or the boardwalks in Yellowstone! He can pout those lips like you wouldn't believe too. We can usually get him out of the grumps with some humor, but it's amazing how his moods can change!
He's a really sweetie and we're so glad to have him in our family! He's a fun little brother and I can tell that he's going to be a great big brother to Baby S!!!
Happy Birthday Monkey!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment