Thursday, August 28, 2008

Girl's Night Out in NYC!

This last weekend I did something totally crazy and it was so much fun! Shafer’s sister, Sadie, works for Jet Blue and had a bunch of buddy passes. She may not be working there for much longer so she decided that now was the time for a girl’s weekend trip. What better destination than New York City?! Each of us had seen all the sights before, (thanks to Sadie’s buddy passes when Shafer and I lived in New Jersey), so the trip was more of the shopping, eating, and chatting type.
It was hard to leave a 6-week old baby at home, but Shafer convinced me that I wouldn’t have fun if I brought Baby M with me. He was so right, but I still missed my baby tons! Between the five of us sisters we were leaving 20 kids behind. (Plus Sadie brought her baby with her and Abby and Lindsey are pregnant!)
We spent the weekend shopping on Canal Street, riding on the double-decker tour bus (that we took rather than the subway), taking in an off Broadway show that was hilarious, eating Nuts for Nuts and Knish from street vendors, and laughing constantly! I’m so glad we were able to go and have a great time, even if I didn’t get the good night sleep I was imagining because we stayed up way too late every night! I’m also so grateful to have such wonderful sister-in-laws I feel so comfortable with that I don’t feel like an in-law, just a sister!!


Lindsey and I on the double-decker Night Tour busAdmiring the bubbles in SohoEliza and I by the Late Show TheaterAbby, Sadie, baby S and I on the double-decker


The Sistas in Central Park


If anyone's wondering how Shafer did with all three boys while I was away, don't worry! Shafer showed me up! My Mom came Monday to watch the boys so Shafer could go to work and she said he had the apartment clean with not even a dish in the sink! I'm a lucky lady!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks like so much fun! I must admit that I am jealous, I have to agree with you that you ARE one lucky lady. What a trip to remember!

Melissa said...

Wow! How fun! You are lucky! I can't believe you were able to leave Maxwell for so long; bottles with both of my kids was such a stressful thing. It was hard enough to leave them for a dinner. I'm so glad you were able to do it though; you deserve it!

P.S. Cute hair!

Shannon said...

I found your blog through the Maugers and had to say hi. We were in the same BYU married ward and our husbands were in the singles' bishoprics about the same time a few years ago. Anyway, it's great to see your family is doing so well. Wow, three little boys! Kudos to you guys.

Your best friend, Ashley said...

look how great all of you look! we visited shafer while you were gone and he seemed to be holding down the fort just great and harrison was so chatty! i havent seen him that chatty before and i loved it! anyway- glad to see it went well in the big apple. we are in africa right now and things are CRAZY but we miss you guys and love you!