Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our fun, busy, hot, tiring week with the Callan's!

Last week my brother, Steve, and his family were visiting from Phoenix. I have a hard time staying home when I know something fun is going on with my family, so we ended up driving up every day last week! Unfortunately this was a bad week at work for Shafer, so you’ll notice that he’s missing from most of the pictures below.
We went up for dinner on Sunday and spent the evening catching up on everyone’s lives. It was a nice evening on the patio while the kids ran around the backyard.















On Monday we spent the day at Emily’s house letting the kids have some water fun in the backyard. It was blazing hot, but for the folks from Phoenix it wasn’t bad!




Tuesday we headed up to the Hill Air Force Base Museum to check out some airplanes. The kids had a great time and it was free, so you can’t beat that! You’ll notice Big Boy's interesting choice of pants. He had a little accident on the way up and we improvised. He looks like a little Polynesian!












On Wednesday the family came our way and we went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was a really cool museum. I kept wishing I could sit and read all the plaques and find out what we were looking at. But, with kids you end up walking past things at high speed. I’m sure it was very interesting!

Wednesday was also my and Shafer’s 6th Wedding Anniversary! I can’t believe we’ve been married 6 years and have 3 kids! Time sure flies! My parents and Emily were so nice to baby-sit while Shafer and I went out to dinner and a movie with Steve and Corinne. We saw the new Batman movie; it was really good, but really dark! It was fun to get away from the kids for a little while.
On Thursday we took a little break from outings and had a rest day.
Everyone came down to Salt Lake Friday to visit Wheeler Farm. Another great place that’s fun and free! You only have to pay for the wagon ride; which was really cheap! The kids had a great time looking at the farm animals and feeding the ducks. (That is until Big Boy got bit by one, then he was a little nervous!) I’d really like to go back on a day that isn’t so hot; we were all dying of heat!
That day was my nephew, Mr. A’s 6th birthday. I’ll always remember how old he is because he was born a few days after our wedding. Again, I’m sorry Emily for making you be a bridesmaid (matron?) at nine months pregnant!!! There was a birthday party for him that night at a park and the kids had a blast. There was cake, presents, a piƱata, squirt guns, and a play ground. Big Boy never wanted to leave!
Saturday was our last day with Steve’s family. The guys got up and went golfing early. Then we just hung out the rest of the afternoon. It’s always hard to say goodbye when the time comes. But, we had a great time and we can’t wait until winter when we’ll invade Phoenix to escape the cold and hang out with you guys again!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, what a week! All those activities look like so much fun!!! Did you finish Breaking Dawn yet? I'm surprised you even found time to read it with all the fun you're having!

Michelle said...

That gave me some good ideas of things that I could do! I forgot about Wheeler farm. What an exhausting week, I sure hope that Max is sleeping well for you!

Your best friend, Ashley said...

cade and i are jealous of all the fun you are having!!! i love the pictures of the boys. little chubby smiles always make my day. hope everything is going well for you guys!