Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween decor craziness!

It all started with this: I saw a Halloween advent calendar in the Pottery Barn catalogue and I loved it, but I didn't love the pricetag. I have recently discovered that I love making things out of felt so I decided I could make my own. And I did. It took a lot longer than I anticipated, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. (The little green circle with the ghost near the top/left of the house is the 'hopper' that moves to the next number each day).


Then I needed more Halloween stuff to cutify the house, so I went to D.I. of course! I bought the two pedestal candle holders below and sprayed them black to hold pumpkins. I also bought this wreath at D.I. and sprayed it black as well to put on the front door. Doesn't it look creepy?!

I got some cute pumpkins and stacked them in my now empty pot on the front porch.

I guess I hadn't had enough of the felt because I made a bat garland thing to hang on the window.
Then, still not enought felt, so I made some little ghosts to hang next to the TV.

I really think Fall is my favorite season and I LOVE Halloween decorating! The boys have enjoyed each new addition to the decor, so it's worth all the work!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute ideas, Lindsey! I might steal some. :)

Meedy said...

Love the Advent Calendar! I also love the wreath! I think I will head on down to DI and make one myself. You are so crafty! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Abby said...

All adorable! It's fun to see you having so much fun with home ownership. Isn't it fun to tinker?

Melissa said...

So cute Linds! What did you spray everything black with? Is it some sort of special craft spray paint? That is a really good idea.

Miss Kris said...

I'm impressed by your advent haunted house! I looks really good--you and your kids will love it for years to come.

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, it was so fun to see your decorations. As you know, DI and Savers are close to my heart and I am completely with you on all of this. You are a very creative person and I am sure the boys are loving it. We loved the post and love your family so much. Love Granny Taylor

Rachel said...

Very cute! I especially love the stacked pumpkins.

Lindsey said...

Lindsey- your Halloween decor is all SO fab- I LOVE that calendar especially- I need to do something like that. You are so clever