Friday, October 16, 2009

Corny FHE

There is a corn maze pretty close to our neighborhood and I really wanted to take the kids there before Halloween. On the spur of the moment Monday night we decided to do it for FHE. The kids LOVED the maze. We were given maps as we entered and had to punch our cards at 10 differenct locations within the maze. The boys had a great time running along the path.
Unfortunately our camera's battery had been acting up so I decided not to bring it on the outing. But, I'm sure you can picture us walking through a corn maze! The only other thing I wish we would have brought is a flashlight! We made it out before it was too dark, but it was getting close!
My favorite Big Boy quote of the night was, 'Why are there so much corn?' When we got home I popped up some popcorn and tossed a few handfuls of candy corn in the mix and we enjoyed a corny treat! It was a fun and spur of the moment night!
I'm not sure how to tie it into a gospel principle for a lesson, any thoughts?

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Show them the proclamation and emphasize the wholesome recreational activities part (we've done that before)