I can't believe this is my 100th post! As I was getting closer to it I kept thinking it would be fun to do something special for it, but, then I got super behind and those plans went out the window. Maybe I'll plan for my 200th post!
This month has been crazy busy, keeping me from my usual blogging habits. I was going to split this up into smaller posts, but hey, October is OVER and I want to be done blogging about it!! Not that it wasn't a great, fun-filled month, but I'm movin' on to the next thing. So, there will be several pictures and stories and if you don't have time, I won't be offended! Here we go...
Cheeks swallowed a 2001 Kentucky quarter and pooped it out a few days later. Talk about being stressed and worried! He had been playing with the quarter and suddenly sat up and said, "I ate da money!" This is the actual quarter after soaking in soapy bleach water for a few hours and then being scrubbed with soap and a brush. It got all discolored during the journey through Cheeks' digestive system. 
I had my birthday and didn't take a single picture, but it was a GREAT day. My grandparents came and took me and the boys out to lunch, then shopping. Then Shafer surprised me with tickets to Curtains at Hale Center Theater. We had so much fun and the play was fabulous!
I helped do a booth at a boutique with my sister-in-laws. We made all the stuff to sell and had a great time preparing for it. The actual boutique ended up not being very well attended, but I would do it again for all the fun we had preparing for it! This included a night of crafting together and staying up until 3am chatting! I have the best sister-in-laws EVER!!!!

We took our annual trip to Gardner Village to see the witches. Cheeks wouldn't go near them to get a good picture.

They have a scavenger hunt you can print from the internet and if you complete it you can get cookies from the bakery for a quarter. Unfortunately we finished ours at 8:05pm and the bakery closes at 8pm. So, we didn't get the cookies, but we had fun! Besides, Cheeks would have just eaten the quarter anyway!!

We took the boys to a local pumpkin patch. We picked out one nice pumpkin and named him Jack. Jack cost close to $5 so I went to Walmart the next day and picked out 2 more pumpkins close to the same size and got them for $3 all together. So, really you're paying for the experience at the pumpkin patch.

We took a trip to the train man again last month. (If you'll recall we went this summer to swim and ride the train). In October he makes a whole haunted train thing so we went with Shafer's family and all the cousins dressed up in their costumes. It was quite a set up with movies playing while you wait. We were very glad for the covered areas to watch the movies in since it was Fareeeeeeezing!!!! We were very well bundled up. It was a lot of fun!

After the train we took over Doc's Pizza in Provo and probably overstayed our welcome. But, it was fun to sit and chat and let the kids run wild. We finally left when an entire high school football team showed up and ate all the food!! :)

Here are the boys all dressed up in their costumes. Big Boy went as a Knight and Cheeks was Superman.

Monkey went as a Lion in a super cute costume we were given by Shafer's aunt and uncle. I love hand me downs!!

There were so many parties we went to the week of Halloween that when I told Big Boy to go put on his costume to go trick or treating he sighed really big and asked, 'again?!'
We didn't have the usual party on Shafer's side of the family since we did the train instead, so I was happy when my family had a party that we could dress up for! Here's Shafer in his costume. Guess what he is. That's right!

I went as a pirate and had fun throwing things together from my closet. I also made the vest by cutting up a clearance rack tank top I found the day of!

This was probably my favorite costume of the night. My sister and her husband went as Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus! Bwahahaha! Doesn't my brother-in-law make a cute Hannah Montana?

My brother and his wife were a very convincing Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter!

My parents came as Ute fans since they're avid BYU fans.

It was a fabulous month and we had a lot of fun. The boys went out trick or treating and got WAY too much candy of which I'm getting so sick of having around the house!!
Hopefully I'll be better at blogging this month so I don't have to do another mega post!!!
1 comments:
It was great to relive the memories of the October fun we all enjoyed. Your costumes and all your great activities of the month show what great creativity and talent you both have. Love Mommy and Pops
Post a Comment