Without even typing a sentence this post is LONG! But, it was my first time hosting Thanksgiving and gosh darn it I spent a lot of time preparing and wanted it documented!!
I'll start with the tables since that was the funnest part. The first picture is the adult table. This is also a good view of our new dining room light. I hated our brass chandelier from the moment we stepped foot into the house. What better motivation than 35 people coming to your house to get a new one?!
I went with a green color scheme with some acorns from my parent's yard and some lovely little place mats from Dollar Tree! 
The name cards were fun to make. I added some pretty berries from our yard. (Hopefully they weren't poisonous!) :)
A view from the other side.
This is the teenage table. (They're not all teenagers, but almost!) The felt leaves were what I used for last year's table. 
This was the next youngest kids table, and consequently the last one I put much thought into. 
And of course, the FOOD! This was also my first gluten-free Thanksgiving and it went beautifully! One of Shafer's sisters is also gluten-free so she brought some GF sides. And another sister very thoughtfully made some GF stuffing!! I made one turkey with GF gravy and another sister made a second turkey. I bought some pre-made GF rolls and a pie just to save me some stress. It was all so YUMMY!! 
For dessert we had a fabulous assortment of pies! Thanks again to Abby for making so many, they were sooooo good!!
You may be wondering what we did with 24 kids in the house? Enter unfinished basement! Hollah! Granny brought some art projects for the kids to do:
We also set up a tent and a TV with movies for the kids to play with. They rode bikes and scooters around all day long, it was great!
Here are the 2-3 year olds enjoying their feast:
These were the boys who were banished to Monkey's room for lunch! :)
Girl table number 1:
Girl table number 2:
The adults:
And of course, the newest addition to the family...so sweet!!! He's the youngest of 7 with 6 older sisters!!
I felt like everything went so smoothly and it was just a fantastic day!! I'm so grateful for such a wonderful family and for all the amazing blessings I have in my life!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
5 comments:
WOW Lindsey! You had a lot of people at your house! It looks like you had a lot of fun!I had fun hosting Thanksgiving too! It definitely gave me a new appreciation for preparing. Your house looked so cute too! I loved the tables but also the wreath and curtains and mirrors and shelves and of coarse the new chandelier.
Wow, Wow, WOW! You hosted Thanksgiving Linds! And not a small one either. I'm pretty sure that brings you to some new level of adulthood. Good job! Everything looked great!
Did the boys really get banished to Monkey's room or was that planned?
Can you plan my next Family Party...it's just our huge Christmas Eve one. :P You did great! Everything looks so fun and festive. Cute family to boot!
I still can't believe you had that many kids at your place! But leave it to you to make it look fabulous!!! :)
What a wonderful holiday. Love the placecards and tables. big dinner are so fun=glad it came off so well.
Post a Comment