Thursday, December 10, 2009

Here comes Santa Claus!

Our Ward does a really cool toy drive every year for the Bishop's Christmas Room. The Monday after Thanksgiving everyone brings new toys to donate. They have cookies and hot chocolate and for the kids the best part was getting a chance to talk to Santa. Big Boy especially took advantage of his time with the Big Guy. We went through for the first time and then stood around chatting with neighbors. After a while I realized I wasn't sure where Big Boy was. I mentioned this and someone said, 'oh he's talking to Santa.' Sure enough, I went back and there he was giving Santa the third degree. He'd been standing there for at least 10 minutes asking questions like, 'What are the elves names?', 'How do you clean the reindeer?', 'How do the reindeer fly?' The best part was this particular Santa was happy to answer the questions and he seemed amused with Big Boy's chatter. There was quite a crowd watching the whole thing, it was really cute! Meanwhile Cheeks stood there unabashedly staring at Santa!

Here's all three boys with Santa. We've got the standard baby-crying-on-Santa's-lap shot. We had a fun evening and I heard later that there were over 500 brand new toys donated that night! What a great service project!

0 comments: