Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Ward Camp Out

In a week of lovely weather who would have thought we'd be poured on at our ward camp out? We were lucky enough to arrive at camp during a brief window of sunshine so we could at least set up our tent dry. Although, Monkey found another way to get covered in dirt while we set up:

Shortly after our tent was up the heavens opened and we were glad we had brought rain jackets and umbrellas. Here are the boys trying to eat their food before it got too soggy:
We also were glad we brought a big pack of baby wipes, we found several occasions to give the boys 'wipe-baths.' For example: Cheeks found the giant bin of cheese puffs and didn't leave them alone until they were taken care of:

The rain did let up after dinner for a while and we were able to enjoy a nice camp fire complete with s'mores and some good story telling:
That's about where the good times ended for us. I remembered how I said I would never go camping with my boys again after last year's ward camp out as I was up every hour with Monkey. I don't know why he kept waking up, but he was half asleep and crying loudly each time. NIGHTMARE!!! Needless to say when Cheeks had a potty-training accident the next morning to top off our night of no sleep we were OUT of there!!
We did stop on the way out of the canyon for some lovely scenery:
Then I hurried everyone back into the car and we didn't stop until we were happily back home!
Maybe next year we'll come for dinner and forget about the 'sleeping' over part. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are the kind of campers that you are. Loved the post. Love Mommy and Pops