I don't know if other moms feel this way, but talking to other moms makes me feel like I'm not doing all the things that I'm 'supposed' to do with my kids. One of those things is signing my kids up for sports, music lessons, karate, etc. I always assumed I'd sign them up when they started asking to do those things. But, I finally caved and signed Big Boy up for soccer. He was excited, especially after he got shin guards and a soccer ball for his birthday.
We signed him up with one of his friends from our neighborhood, which was great, since we got to hang out with friends during the games!
Big Boy's favorite part was getting a treat at the end of the game.
He also loved getting a trophy at the end of the season (even though they only won 2 games). He did a great job and steadily improved throughout the season. The highlight of the season was when he made a goal and it was the only goal scored on either team the whole game, so he won the game, woohoo!!
Cheeks and Monkey spent their time playing at the nearby park, begging for food, and collecting a family of worms, yuck!
Something I learned about myself after this season: I cheer loudly! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment