Friday, May 3, 2013

Baptism Day

Big Boy's baptism day came just a few days after we got back from California.  Luckily almost everything we needed to do for it was taken care of before we left.  I just had to spruce up the house a bit and make a few desserts for afterwards.  I also had Shafer draw a 'Baptism Gate' on our chalkboard.  :)

It was such a lovely service, all of our Utah family was able to be there and it was so special to have them there to support Big Boy!  He was the only one being baptized from our ward, so the service was all our family, which made it special.  His aunt Abby lead the music, aunt Emily said the opening prayer, Grandpa Taylor gave the talk on baptism (with some help from Granny Taylor), Grandma Callan gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, he and his cousins sang Families Can Be Together Forever for the musical number, and uncle Cade gave the closing prayer.  It was so sweet to see the cousins up there singing together.   

These are the only pictures I have of the whole day!  I was too wrapped up in everything else to pull out my camera again.  I'm sad about that, but at least we got the important pictures.  Big Boy was sooooo excited for this day.  His aunt Abby said he looked like a little angel in his white clothes and I have to agree.  He had a huge grin on his face the whole day.  I on the other hand could not stop crying!  Once he stepped into the font my waterworks started and I couldn't stop, but they were accompanied by a grin on my face as well.  I'm so proud of him and the choice he made to be baptized!  He's such a good boy and he really knows his stuff.  Anytime I've been in primary with him he's always got his hand in the air to answer a question and he's usually right! 
 Before our trip I asked my sister to take a few pictures of him in his suit so we could have some pictures displayed at our house after the baptism.  He looks like a little missionary!  I know that time will be here before I know it.  It gets me misty-eyed thinking about it! 
 

He's such a good boy and we're so grateful for his decision to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! 

2 comments:

See Mack Snow said...

Yay!! Sounds like he had a really great baptism day! (also i love your hair long)

Abby said...

He DID look like an angel, even more so now that I see the photos! I always cry at my kids baptisms. From the first note of the opening song I am a puddle.