Our sweet Cheeks turned 7 in January. Because he was born in New Jersey his birthday will always bring to mind our days back East and remind me how long it's been since we were there! Our little Jersey baby!! He's not so little any more!
Poor kid has never had a real party with a theme, so I asked him what he wanted this year and it was a Mario party. With a birthday just over a week after Christmas I didn't start thinking about it until a couple days before. Thank goodness for Pinterest! I pinned a billion things, then went through and picked all the things that were EASY!
My favorite were the mushroom cupcakes and mushroom treat bags.
Each kid got a Mario or Luigi hat and a mustache of course! I love kids with a stache!!
There were 2 games that involved balloons. This seemed so simple as I planned it. But, the morning of as I was blowing up a billion balloons I was regretting that decision. Luckily the kids all loved it, so I guess it was worth it!
Blowing out his candle:
With some of his best buddies:
And, my favorite pic from the party:
That night we had more mushroom cupcakes with just our family.
The big thing this year for Christmas was the Hero Factory Legos. Cheeks got 2 more and couldn't have been happier!
It was so fun to celebrate this boy in our lives! He's such a sweet boy. He and Puppy have such a cute relationship, he's such a good brother! Some mornings Puppy will start yelling for Cheeks from his crib. So, Cheeks will go get him out and I'll find them in Puppy's room reading books and cuddling on the chair in there. It's precious I tell you!! He's quiet, and likes to do his own thing. He could sit for hours quietly building Lego creations or drawing pictures. He's quite the artist in our house. But, he can also be a loud silly boy with the rest of them. Sometimes I wonder if any of the things we try to teach him are getting through because he's not one to spill his deepest thoughts all the time. But, one day he was helping me make some treats in the kitchen with Puppy and all the sudden he turns to Puppy and says, 'Did you know Jesus loves you? He made you too and He loves you!' So, something is getting through there!
We love our Jersey Boy!!! Happy Birthday Cheeks!!!
1 comments:
I can't believe he is seven! I remember talking to you on the phone right after he was born and telling you I was pregnant with Abby. How could that have been seven years ago? Cute party!
Post a Comment