Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

The last few years I've made it a tradition to have the Christmas decorations put away by New Year's Eve.  Everything except the tree.  Then I decorate the tree for New Years.  This year I bought some of those glasses with the year on them, some noise makers, glowsticks, and some poppers for midnight.  It's nice because the boys help me undecorated it at midnight, so all we have to do it put the tree away the next day (or week).   
 

I've loved having this chalkboard wall to write messages on all year.  It helps make it feel festive!

I'd heard this idea about popping a balloon every hour to countdown to midnight.  I had an activity to do in each like have a dance party, play a game, pick a movie to watch, and finally a Happy New Year at midnight.  The boys really liked it and Big Boy told me it helped him stay awake because he was excited to see what was in the next balloon.  So, I guess it's not a good thing if you'd rather have your kids fall asleep!  :) 
 
Here they are engrossed in the movie they picked:

Puppy was loving the glasses and glowsticks, unfortunately the glasses didn't stay on little heads very well, so there was a little sadness mixed in to the celebrations! 

Here are the boys busting a move during our dance party:
It was fun to count down with the boys and then to see our neighborhood erupt in fireworks at midnight!  What a great way to ring in a new year!  Happy 2014 everyone!!!

0 comments: