Monday, January 20, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Christmas morning always comes fast.  I don't think Shafer was ready to get up when the boys came in our room just after 7.  They were pretty patient though and gave him a minute to get up.  I love the excitement in their faces while they wait!!

Here they are opening up the biggest present of the day, their Lego Hero Factory guys.  They were so excited and they still play with them now a month later, so hooray!!

Big Boy has been asking for a chess set and as you can see he was thrilled to open it!

Puppy woke up about an hour and a half later and only his presents were left.  They were all opened within a few minutes.  He's got this present opening thing down this year!!

Here are the Hero Factory guys all put together:

Puppy enjoyed these little wind up guys we got from Granny & Grandpa Taylor:

Big Boy taught Shafer to play chess and they've enjoyed several exciting games since.  I love seeing them playing, what a great pastime! 
I have no pictures as evidence, but we had my parents and my sister and her boys over for dinner later in the day.  It was nice to be able to just relax and chat and enjoy the rest of a lovely holiday!  I love Christmas time and the feeling that comes with it.  The joy and focus on our Savior and His life.  I'm always sad to see it come to an end, but it's reassuring to know it will come around again in a year!! 
Merry Christmas!!!

0 comments: