Monday, January 6, 2014

Tis the Season

The Christmas season has to be the busiest of them all!  I try not to be stressed by all the things that need (or that I want) to get done.  I kind of decided to take it easier this year by not having too high of expectations and just trying to enjoy the moment instead of trying to create picture perfect ones.  It was nice because there were already a lot of things going on in December that I didn't have to plan! 
The first graders make candy houses every year.  Cheeks was very proud of his.  They use frosting to glue candy and other edible things onto an empty milk carton.  This one was consumed approximately 5 seconds after I took the picture!

Our ward party is always a favorite with the boys.  They love any excuse to run like mad around a church.  This year our ward really went all out and did a Grinch theme.  These are the only pictures I took, but they had props and costume contests, it was really fun!  Puppy totally butted in line and jumped right on Santa's lap.  Quite a difference from last year!

I missed the other 2 boys, but Cheeks quietly got on Santa's lap and told him his wish. 

The Kindergartners have a Polar Express day where they learn about trains, watch the movie, then make candy trains.  I got to go help Monkey's class out with this one.  It was really fun, and such a cute idea!  Again, consumed in seconds!!

One of Shafer's coworkers gave him a drinking bird for Christmas and the boys LOVE it!  Their faces the first time the bird went back for more water was priceless!!  It now lives on top of one of our cupboards in the kitchen drinking water all day long.  They still shout out every now and again that it's taking another drink!!

We had 3 different Taylor parties this season and I didn't take a picture at one of them!  What a shame!  I can't even say I didn't pull out my camera since I just use my phone now, so there's no excuse!  But, we had a great time at each of them catching up with relatives and letting the kids go crazy with cousins! 
We also had 2 parties for my side and I only took one picture.  It's of the great grandkids that were there (most of them).  Notice it's mostly boys.  It's a thing in my family to not have a lot of girls I guess.  There are just 2 hidden amidst the boys in this picture. 

This picture is totally random, but Puppy has been so funny every time we go to my parents' house.  He discovered the dress up box and just keeps putting things on, it's adorable!! 
It was a busy month, full of parties, shopping, and preparations for the big day.  I love it, even though it sometimes stresses me out! 

0 comments: