Here are a few pictures of the boys from our time at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
Miss H feeding Cheeks ice cream, what a good little mother!
Hanging on the deck with Miss H
And now the exciting conclusion to the month of May...
The weekend following the wedding was Mother’s Day so we got to spend some time honoring our Moms. My parent’s church started at 2 so we had a Mother’s Day brunch beforehand. Emily and her family came over and we had a great time. Shafer and the boys gave me a beautiful necklace and earrings, (I don’t know how they knew exactly what I like!)
After church we headed down to Provo for dinner at Great Granny Woolf’s with all the extended family. We had fun eating, watching the nieces perform their dance routines, and letting the boys run around all night.
It was also a sad weekend for my parent’s ward as we got news that a sister missionary serving from the ward passed away on her mission in England. They still aren’t sure what caused her death, she just collapsed while jogging. It was a very emotional testimony meeting that Sunday. I was impressed to see her whole family there and her father even got up and shared his testimony. They feel great comfort in the fact that there was no cause of death, they feel like it was her time to go and it was part of the plan for her life. I’m so grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation at times like these.
Shafer spent the next week in training for his new job at the Sandy plant. That Saturday he had a flight back to Nebraska for his last week at work there. It was hard to have him away for a week, but it was nice to be with my family and have their help. We had fun that Wednesday with an American Idol Finale party. Unfortunately Utah’s David Archuletta didn’t win, but I liked David Cook too, so it worked out!
The movers came that Thursday and Friday, so Shafer was busy doing all the last minute cleaning. It turned out that we were the first stop on the van driver’s route, so it only took him 2 days to drive out to Utah. We were expecting it to take much longer than that since it has always been at least 5 days. We were able to move into our place on Sunday, a day earlier than our contract. Luckily they were barely able to get the place ready for us in time!
We spent most of the day Sunday unpacking boxes as fast as we could so we could send the empty ones back with the moving van. That’s one of the tricks we’ve learned from our three moves in three years. Otherwise you end up with boxes filling your house for the next few weeks until you get around to emptying them and flattening the boxes and lugging them out to the dumpster. Needless to say I could barely walk to the car by the time we were ready to head back to relieve my parents and grandparents from babysitting duty!
We were glad to be moved into our new place, but we spent one last night at my parent’s house. It was still Sunday and we had no food at the new place, not a good environment for toddlers!
The next day was Memorial Day and my Father-in-law, Ray’s birthday. We had a fun lunch up at Sadie’s house, (now a close drive for us!). Then we met my parents back at our place for dinner at Crown Burger. It was a nice day.
The rest of the week was spent in reorganizing our apartment after our hasty unloading on moving day. Even with my recent weariness with Wal-Mart we ended up going there 3 days in a row! It’s hard to stock a completely empty pantry without forgetting something. Plus, ironically it turns out that Wal-Mart is the closest grocery store to our new place! What are the odds?
We’ve been enjoying our new place. We’ll just be renting for the year. The only drawback to the place is the small size of the closets and bedrooms. We had it easy in Nebraska last year with huge walk-in closets and half the rent we’re paying here. We ended up taking two big loads over to DI the first week just trying to squeeze in all our possessions. We had to sell an extra drier on craigslist and we still have an extra queen mattress and box spring if anyone needs one!
I was worried about how well the boys would react to the new place after living in toddler heaven at my parent’s house for the last few weeks. As soon as Big Boy started seeing his old toys and belongings he was fine. He ran around the apartment for a half an hour yelling ‘look at this!’ every time he saw something else he recognized.
It seems like Big Boy’s vocabulary has expanded yet again with another month in the company of his cousins. We’re constantly laughing at his cute sentences and new vocabulary. He’s always trying to pronounce things correctly. An old favorite was the way he said granola bar, ‘a bart.’ I think it was the end of granol ‘a bar’ with a ‘t’ tacked on the end for some reason. He now says, ‘gola bar.’
Cheeks had a lot of fun with some of my parent’s musical toys. One night he was playing with a little toy piano and couldn’t figure out how to make it play a song so I was telling him to push a different button. He proceeded to lift up his shirt and push his belly button! He’s also taken to pointing out all the passing airplanes and shouting, ‘aah pain.’
Shafer started his new job officially the first part of June. He’s enjoyed it so far. The new hours are going to be interesting to get used to; he now works from 6pm to 6am. He’ll work 2 days on, then 2 days off, then 3 days on, then 2 days off. In some ways it’s been nice because it seems like he’s home all the time, (which I guess to me, he always is except for when I’m sleeping). It’s hard because he has to sleep during the day and it’s interesting to keep the boys quiet.
I’ve been doing well. I met my new doctor and he seems great, so hopefully all will go well with that. Everything in the pregnancy seems to be going fine and I feel pretty good considering I’ve only got three weeks left and I feel gigantic! We’ll keep you posted on our new developments now that we’re officially Utahns again!!
After church we headed down to Provo for dinner at Great Granny Woolf’s with all the extended family. We had fun eating, watching the nieces perform their dance routines, and letting the boys run around all night.
It was also a sad weekend for my parent’s ward as we got news that a sister missionary serving from the ward passed away on her mission in England. They still aren’t sure what caused her death, she just collapsed while jogging. It was a very emotional testimony meeting that Sunday. I was impressed to see her whole family there and her father even got up and shared his testimony. They feel great comfort in the fact that there was no cause of death, they feel like it was her time to go and it was part of the plan for her life. I’m so grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation at times like these.
Shafer spent the next week in training for his new job at the Sandy plant. That Saturday he had a flight back to Nebraska for his last week at work there. It was hard to have him away for a week, but it was nice to be with my family and have their help. We had fun that Wednesday with an American Idol Finale party. Unfortunately Utah’s David Archuletta didn’t win, but I liked David Cook too, so it worked out!
The movers came that Thursday and Friday, so Shafer was busy doing all the last minute cleaning. It turned out that we were the first stop on the van driver’s route, so it only took him 2 days to drive out to Utah. We were expecting it to take much longer than that since it has always been at least 5 days. We were able to move into our place on Sunday, a day earlier than our contract. Luckily they were barely able to get the place ready for us in time!
We spent most of the day Sunday unpacking boxes as fast as we could so we could send the empty ones back with the moving van. That’s one of the tricks we’ve learned from our three moves in three years. Otherwise you end up with boxes filling your house for the next few weeks until you get around to emptying them and flattening the boxes and lugging them out to the dumpster. Needless to say I could barely walk to the car by the time we were ready to head back to relieve my parents and grandparents from babysitting duty!
We were glad to be moved into our new place, but we spent one last night at my parent’s house. It was still Sunday and we had no food at the new place, not a good environment for toddlers!
The next day was Memorial Day and my Father-in-law, Ray’s birthday. We had a fun lunch up at Sadie’s house, (now a close drive for us!). Then we met my parents back at our place for dinner at Crown Burger. It was a nice day.
The rest of the week was spent in reorganizing our apartment after our hasty unloading on moving day. Even with my recent weariness with Wal-Mart we ended up going there 3 days in a row! It’s hard to stock a completely empty pantry without forgetting something. Plus, ironically it turns out that Wal-Mart is the closest grocery store to our new place! What are the odds?
We’ve been enjoying our new place. We’ll just be renting for the year. The only drawback to the place is the small size of the closets and bedrooms. We had it easy in Nebraska last year with huge walk-in closets and half the rent we’re paying here. We ended up taking two big loads over to DI the first week just trying to squeeze in all our possessions. We had to sell an extra drier on craigslist and we still have an extra queen mattress and box spring if anyone needs one!
I was worried about how well the boys would react to the new place after living in toddler heaven at my parent’s house for the last few weeks. As soon as Big Boy started seeing his old toys and belongings he was fine. He ran around the apartment for a half an hour yelling ‘look at this!’ every time he saw something else he recognized.
It seems like Big Boy’s vocabulary has expanded yet again with another month in the company of his cousins. We’re constantly laughing at his cute sentences and new vocabulary. He’s always trying to pronounce things correctly. An old favorite was the way he said granola bar, ‘a bart.’ I think it was the end of granol ‘a bar’ with a ‘t’ tacked on the end for some reason. He now says, ‘gola bar.’
Cheeks had a lot of fun with some of my parent’s musical toys. One night he was playing with a little toy piano and couldn’t figure out how to make it play a song so I was telling him to push a different button. He proceeded to lift up his shirt and push his belly button! He’s also taken to pointing out all the passing airplanes and shouting, ‘aah pain.’
Shafer started his new job officially the first part of June. He’s enjoyed it so far. The new hours are going to be interesting to get used to; he now works from 6pm to 6am. He’ll work 2 days on, then 2 days off, then 3 days on, then 2 days off. In some ways it’s been nice because it seems like he’s home all the time, (which I guess to me, he always is except for when I’m sleeping). It’s hard because he has to sleep during the day and it’s interesting to keep the boys quiet.
I’ve been doing well. I met my new doctor and he seems great, so hopefully all will go well with that. Everything in the pregnancy seems to be going fine and I feel pretty good considering I’ve only got three weeks left and I feel gigantic! We’ll keep you posted on our new developments now that we’re officially Utahns again!!
1 comments:
Lindsay that is so exciting. I am so not looking forward to our move in August. How did you keep the kids happy in the car? What moving company did you use? I am so interested to see how this will all work out.
Natalie
Post a Comment