When you live away from family and friends you have to force yourself to forget about all the fun things you used to do with them and some of the perks of living near them. The last two months being back with family and friends has reminded me of how great it is to live nearby!
Just last night Shafer and I went on a pre-baby date and had our cute nieces R and R baby-sit the boys. They did a great job and the boys didn’t miss us at all! We went and saw Get Smart (which was really funny) and ate at Joe’s Crab Shack. It was so nice to get away together for a few hours and have some fun before the baby comes (my due date is in 5 days!!!).
We’ve also had grandparents come visit and take us out to eat. My parents took us to the Mayan and the boys had a great time. Big Boy was a little afraid of the cliff diving show. One of the actors had a big feathery headdress on and Big Boy called him the mean guy and got really nervous if he ever walked our way. Another perk is living close to friends who I don’t get to see very often. Just last week I got together with some close friends from Jr. High and High School; Natalie, Heidi, Megan, and Carrie, (Amber was supposed to come but her little girl was sick). It was so fun to meet each other’s kids and catch up on each other’s lives! We definitely need to do that more often!
We’re loving being back close to our family and friends and can’t wait to see more of you throughout the year!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Utah Perks!
Posted by Lindsey T at 11:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This post just made me so home sick!!! I am so happy that you are able to be close to family. What fun!!!! I hope that one day this will happen for us.
You are such a cute pregnant mom! Seriously, your cloths are sooo cute! We hear your due any day now! How exciting to finally find out if its a boy or a girl!!! Good luck with everything! We wish we were there! ;)
We miss you guys!
Oh wow, what a blast from the past! I want to move back to Utah, too, so I can hang out with all the girls!
Post a Comment