So, my 'due date' was yesterday and not surprisingly I'm still here at home blogging with baby comfortably nestled inside. I've decided that due dates are cruel! I've been coping fairly well(Shafer may beg to differ) with being uncomfortable and hot with swollen ankles for the last few weeks knowing that it would all be coming to an end soon. But, for some reason once the due date comes and passes, it all seems unbearable! I start to feel like the baby is never coming and I'll just be pregnant forever!
I've got another doctor appointment in about an hour and I'm hoping that I've progressed a little farther, otherwise that might just be depressing. I had one desire with this pregnancy and that was that I would go into labor on my own and not have to be induced and things aren't looking good right now. I know that's the first thing the doctor will want to do today is set up a day to be induced. So, wish me luck as I go and try to convince him otherwise!
Monday, June 30, 2008
"Due Date"
Posted by Lindsey T at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh I am sorry that you are so uncomfortable!!! I hope that you get some really good news at your appointment and that you are able to have the birth that you are wanting.
Our hearts are with you my dear! There is nothing as uncomfortable as those last days of pregnancy when all you want to do is see and hold your baby. We love you and can't wait to hear the good news of your new family member. xoxo
Linds, I was checking to see if there was any update. I'm so excited for you! Even though every hour seems like a day those last few days, your baby will be here soon, I promise!
I originally voted for girl, but I think it's a boy now.
You don't know me, I'm Sarah's cousin and saw your contribution to Good Food. I'm sorry you're over due! That's the worst feeling.
I hope your baby comes soon!
But, I wanted to let you know about a new baby product called Sprout Shell (full disclosure--I own it with my mom) It covers the baby's infant carrier to block out wind, sun, etc. and prevent people from breathing on your baby. There's a hole for the handle, so you can see baby inside too. Anyway, the website is SproutShell.com. Just wanted to let you know. Wish you the best!
Kirsten
Linds,
I totally know how you feel, I was so sick of being prego with Samantha by like my 6th month. I was secretly jealous when another Mom would deliver early. I would walk/run for miles every morning and drink that nasty caster oil trying to get her to come out!
Hang in there! I know it really sucks now, soon you will be holding that little one and there is nothing better!
What a thrill to have you back in Utah so we could see little MP3! My code word for Maxwell P. Taylor. We are at your beck and call if you need anything in the next while Love Grandpops
Post a Comment