Big Boy has always had a rough relationship with food. He's always been super picky. Finally the last few months we've been able to get him to eat a bigger variety of food, including some vegetables! We joke that when we're out in public people think we're starving him because he's so skinny, but I swear we feed him the same as we feed Cheeks, they're just different builds!
Here are just a few funny Big Boy vs. Food experiences.
Chowda
It seems like a stretch, but Big Boy actually likes clam chowder, so here's a conversation from the dinner table one night we served it:
Big Boy sitting in front of a bowl full of clam chowder, “Mommy can you help me find some chowder?”
Me: It’s all chowder, the whole thing is chowder
Big Boy: No it’s not
Me: Yes, the soup is called chowder
Big Boy: No it’s not, I’ll tell you why
Me: Okay, why?
Big Boy: Because it tastes different!
It turned out he thought the potatoes were called chowder and he'd eaten them all. He refused to eat the rest!
Rice Krispie Treats
Big Boy has acquired quite the obsession with Rice Krispie Treats. My Mom usually has them at her house and my Grandma buys huge boxes at Costco just because she knows Big Boy likes them. We personally don’t buy them because if he knows they’re in the house he will pester me constantly for them. We were at Shafer’s cousin’s missionary homecoming today and they had some Rice Krispie Treats there. I had been looking for Big Boy and found him hovering over them watching people take them. He informed me that he’d already had 4, so I told him he needed to rest his tummy for a while. He’s like a goldfish, as soon as he finds a food he likes he’ll eat it until someone stops him or he throws up! Later, one of Shafer’s cousins came up and she had been talking to Big Boy. He told her that he was hiding a treat in his pocket so Mommy wouldn’t find out! What a sneaky boy! Sure enough, when I saw him next I found Rice Krispie residue in his pocket! I’m gonna have to watch this one, he’s tricksy!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Big Boy vs Food
Posted by Lindsey T at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that he put it in his pocket, what a clever boy!
Ha ha - what cute stories!!
Post a Comment