I thought I'd post a Christmas letter and our family picture for those who I don't have addresses for to send one!
2008 was another big year for us. We finished up our year in Nebraska in May and moved our family back to Utah. Shafer’s been working the night shift at BD Medical and we’ve actually enjoyed it. It seems like he’s home all the time!
In July we welcomed another sweet little boy to our family. Baby M is adorable and he’s getting so big! He’s almost crawling already, I can’t believe it! Shafer calls him a moonwalker because he tends to go backwards more than forward! He started out so fussy we’ve been surprised as he’s turned into a sweet, happy baby. Whenever I walk down the church halls with him I leave a wake of smiling people behind me, because you just can’t resist that toothless grin!
Big boy is always making us laugh with the things he says. The other day while eating soft tacos he couldn’t roll his up without it breaking, it was making him sad and he said, ‘I’m never gonna be happy again!’ I think people don’t realize how old he is until he talks, because Big Boy is actually quite the pipsqueak. At a family party this week we compared him to the other kids born the same year as him and he’s a few inches shorter and several pounds lighter. He’s so silly, whenever he gets excited about something his eyes light up and he starts dancing all over. He also enjoys making faces and singing whatever words come to his mind. Big Boy is still as obsessed with cars as ever, and for the moment I don’t mind. There are lots of worse things he could be into!!
Cheeks is hilarious. We spend half our time just watching him and laughing. He’s becoming quite the talker; he’s getting around to bigger sentences. The best part about how Cheeks talks is how slowly and deliberately he says everything. His little low voice saying everything so slowly is hilarious! My favorite is how he asks for something, he’ll say, ‘Can you have a bite?’ He also pronounces things so funny, he’ll substitute Fs for various other letters he has a hard time with, the most notable word being truck, you can imagine how that sounds (you’ll have to because I’m not typing it!!)
We’ve loved being back in Utah and spending time with family. We’re so grateful for this time of year when we remember the birth of our Savior and remember His life and sacrifice for us all!
In July we welcomed another sweet little boy to our family. Baby M is adorable and he’s getting so big! He’s almost crawling already, I can’t believe it! Shafer calls him a moonwalker because he tends to go backwards more than forward! He started out so fussy we’ve been surprised as he’s turned into a sweet, happy baby. Whenever I walk down the church halls with him I leave a wake of smiling people behind me, because you just can’t resist that toothless grin!
Big boy is always making us laugh with the things he says. The other day while eating soft tacos he couldn’t roll his up without it breaking, it was making him sad and he said, ‘I’m never gonna be happy again!’ I think people don’t realize how old he is until he talks, because Big Boy is actually quite the pipsqueak. At a family party this week we compared him to the other kids born the same year as him and he’s a few inches shorter and several pounds lighter. He’s so silly, whenever he gets excited about something his eyes light up and he starts dancing all over. He also enjoys making faces and singing whatever words come to his mind. Big Boy is still as obsessed with cars as ever, and for the moment I don’t mind. There are lots of worse things he could be into!!
Cheeks is hilarious. We spend half our time just watching him and laughing. He’s becoming quite the talker; he’s getting around to bigger sentences. The best part about how Cheeks talks is how slowly and deliberately he says everything. His little low voice saying everything so slowly is hilarious! My favorite is how he asks for something, he’ll say, ‘Can you have a bite?’ He also pronounces things so funny, he’ll substitute Fs for various other letters he has a hard time with, the most notable word being truck, you can imagine how that sounds (you’ll have to because I’m not typing it!!)We’ve loved being back in Utah and spending time with family. We’re so grateful for this time of year when we remember the birth of our Savior and remember His life and sacrifice for us all!
4 comments:
great pics! We sure enjoyed our visit with you at Christmas. I still want to see your new TV. Love Mommy and Pops
What beautiful pictures of your family! After seeing your Christmas card, we were telling Carson about Harrison. A couple of days later we had snow and Carson named his snowman Harrison!
What a fun family. It's weird to hear Meliss say they were telling Carson about Harrison...in my mind they are best friends! I guess they will have to wait to be roommates at BYU!
Cute boys! What fun pictures.
Hey, quick question for you. Do you have the Casbeers' e-mail addresses? They commented on our blog, but it looks like their blog is an invited-only deal, and we don't have any way to contact them to get invited. :) My e-mail is ashleyfbair@gmail.com
Hope you had a great Christmas, and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment