Shafer and I were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky to be able to go to WICKED this week and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!! One of my big regrets after moving away from New Jersey was not seeing Wicked on Broadway. We were just too cheap and never spent the money to do it. Then, when I heard it was coming to Salt Lake I was determined to see it. Anyone who tried to get tickets the day they went on sale probably knows what I went through calling all morning and trying to get them online, but they were sold out within minutes. So, I was bummed about that, but life goes on.
A few weeks ago my Mom called and their neighbors weren't going to use their tickets and wanted to know if my Mom knew anyone who wanted them. We did! They only wanted us to pay half too, so we got two tickets for $80!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, it was fantastic! The girl who played Glinda was absolutely hilarious in every way. We were busting up laughing. It was one of those times when I literally did not want the play to end, I was just drinking it up. When it was over I would have been perfectly happy to have them start right over from the beginning!
The songs have been going through my pretty constantly since we went on Thursday. It's such a fun show with great music and I LOVED it!!!
It turned out one of my good friends, Carrie, and her husband were sitting a few rows in front of us and we never saw each other! That's how engrossed I was!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
WICKED!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Fun! We saw it on the 9th, and I am still singing the songs (I just broke down and bought the album on itunes) I was like you though. I wanted to see it again....right then! :)
You just made me so excited to go!! We have tickets for this weekend and I cannot wiat!
i am so jealous that you were able to go! how fun!
i made cade take me in london and he kept saying afterward how much he actually liked it. i think it surprised him...
Ooooh we saw it when it came through Rochester and it was AWESOME! Soooo good. That's so great you could go -- and at such a good price, too!
I'm very jealous!! I've tried to see in in NY a few times, but the discount tickets were never available. I guess one day I'll have to pay full price and just see it :) Yay for fun date nights!
Soooooo, we were just wordering if you liked WICKED?!! Did Lindsey enjoy it? Seriously, the best part of the wicked write up was the picture of the two of you. You both look fabulous! We love you Mommy and Pops
Post a Comment