Friday, September 18, 2009

Bored Kids? Not anymore...

Yes, this is a picture of Monkey wearing a diaper box. Some days my boys are driving me insane and I have to think of something, anything to entertain them. We had a stockpile of empty diaper boxes in the basement, a box cutter, scissors, and a little tape and ta-da: boxcars!


Right after I made them they tried them on and quickly wanted them off and to have nothing to do with them. But, minutes later: I found them later in the basement with the boxcars on, with tupperware helmets riding their trikes around, it was precious!
I was going to paint them to make them more exciting, but let's be honest, they're not going to last long and the kids don't seem to care! Anything to keep them happy and occupied!

5 comments:

LAINA said...

My mom made these once for one of my brother's birthday parties. All the boys decorated their cars and they ran around in the church gym for like an hour playing in them.

Your boys look so cute. Good thinking.

Keri said...

Love it. I was just thinking today that I need to come up with more variety of activites for Julia. Way to think outside the box. Or inside it, whichever.

Scott and Krista said...

That is so stinkin cute!

Melissa said...

What a good idea Linds; you're such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

Yo Yo Yo,
me and Poot, we gotz front row tix and bkstage passes 2 da Coolio concert. r u inz o r u outz?
peace 4 Real,
Pip
p.s. leave da kiddeez at home
i'm gone