I'm happy to report that despite certain gluten restrictions I was able to make the traditional heart sugar cookies with pink frosting for Valentine's Day! I found a fabulous GF flour mix that I can use as a cup for cup substitute for regular flour! Hallelujah!!!!! They tasted good and they were actually soft instead of crunchy like most GF cookies-Woohoo!!!!
So, of course we celebrated by letting the boys eat some for breakfast!
I still remember last V-day letting Big Boy eat as many sugar cookies as he wanted knowing it would most likely be his last gluten holiday. Now I don't have to feel bad about that!
And, the biggest surprise of the day, (please excuse the gross picture of me in my 'just rolled out of bed' glory!) was my new mixer!!! I have the best husband in the whole world!!!!!!! But, before you start picturing us as extravagant gift-givers, let it be known that this is my Valentine's/Mother's Day gift for the next 2 years, and I'm fine with that! Trying to make GF bread with a hand mixer just wasn't working, so I've mentioned on many occasions how wonderful a stand mixer would be. Even with all the hinting I was completely surprised when I saw this sitting on the table in the morning. I seriously cried! I've used it twice since and it works like a dream, LOVE it!!!!
3 comments:
You are sucha fun mommy and wife. I am so boring. I have a mixer like yours and I love it. I had been mixing everything by hand so the mixer really is a dream. I am sure you will love it.
Linds, you're so cute. And I bet your family of young men just adore you. How fun! Can we come live with you? :)
Lindsey and Shafer, you both never cease to amaze us with all the good things you do and for each other continually. Love seeing your valentines day and hope your painting is coming along well. Tons of Love to all five of you! Mommy and Pops
Post a Comment