Monday, July 19, 2010

Monkey is 2!

My baby is 2. I can't believe it! I was enormously pregnant when we moved back to Utah and that doesn't seem like that long ago. Time seriously flies once you start having kids! They just keep growing and changing!

I made the comment on facebook that Monkey is our first child to reach his 2nd birthday without being a big brother already. I've noticed that because of that we still treat him like the baby. It seems like we expected more of the other boys by this point because there was always a baby in the house. He really seems like he's been growing up the last few weeks though. He's talking more and understanding so much.
My parents came by the night before and had cake with us:
Here are the boys on the big day ready to rip into the presents: (Cheeks already looks jealous in this picture:)
One of the many adorable faces of Monkey:
He has the sweetest face. People are always commenting on his beautiful eyelashes and I have to agree. I don't know where he got them, but he's precious!
We're so grateful to have Monkey in our family.
He entertains us constantly.
He thinks he's a big boy and is always starting wrestling matches with his brothers.
He makes the funniest faces and knows how to make us laugh.
He runs with a little bit of a skip.
He still takes a 2-3 hour nap every day, which this mom loves!
He loves to cuddle up with a book or to watch a show.
He has the cutest pouty lip you've ever seen.
He's the sweetest little guy and we LOVE him!!!!!
Happy Birthday Monkey

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Monkey! He is adorable. I think you must always treat your youngest like a baby because they are your baby; I've noticed we treat Kiwi a little differently then we did Little Man at that age because to us (at least for another week or so :) she is still our baby.