Friday, July 9, 2010

A Zoo Trip

We took a trip to the zoo a few weeks ago. I'm always pleasantly surprised with all the great updates they've made in the last few years. I'm also happy that they left the lion drinking fountain, it's a necessary stop, even if you've just arrived and you're not thirsty yet:

It was a hot day, but not unbearable with all the shady places to stop and rest. The boys were happy to have hats and sunglasses.
My parents and my sister and her family came along for the craziness. There must have been something really exciting going on in this exhibit, but I can't remember what it was!
Monkey was being super cute with Grandpa right here. Something about an almost 2 year-old is irresistible!!
Not to be outdone, Cheeks was also super cute. He actually kept his hat on the entire trip, a fete equaled by no one else that day!
Our favorite part of the day by far was watching the new baby elephant, Zuri. It was like watching a little puppy. She'd play in her little pool, then roll in the dirt. It was adorable. And, of course we have no actual photo proof of this adorable-ness, just the looks of adoration on our faces as we watched her:I always love a trip to the zoo. This was the first time since having kids that I wasn't stressed the whole time keeping track of kids. They stayed pretty close and we had enough adults there that I was able to actually enjoy myself, hooray!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, We are always grateful to see what a great and wonerful mother you are to our grandsons. All three are so lucky to have you. Shafer is the best dad. How fun to be able to go to the zoo with your family. We love you all so much Mommy and Pops