This is what Shafer and I have been working on this summer:
Lest you forget what our kitchen looked like before:
I love this shot because you can also see the change in the entry way light fixture and the new paint:
Another view with the dining room:
Again, a new dining room light fixture:
Here's a during shot:
After:
And a close-up of the island because I'm in love with the new drawer pulls:
This project was quite a bit more involved than we thought, but I think it's so worth it! We finished the island first as phase one. Then, we moved on to phase two; the bottom cabinets. After that phase we took a month break where our upper cabinet doors had been removed and sanded but we just couldn't make ourselves to anymore work! Luckily Shafer got his second wind a few weeks ago and we finished the upper cabinets in about 3 days time. When I say days I really mean from about 8pm to 11pm each night. We only pull out paint after the boys go to bed so we don't have a replay of the dreaded black paint spilled on the wood floors incident when I painted the front door!
This project was quite a bit more involved than we thought, but I think it's so worth it! We finished the island first as phase one. Then, we moved on to phase two; the bottom cabinets. After that phase we took a month break where our upper cabinet doors had been removed and sanded but we just couldn't make ourselves to anymore work! Luckily Shafer got his second wind a few weeks ago and we finished the upper cabinets in about 3 days time. When I say days I really mean from about 8pm to 11pm each night. We only pull out paint after the boys go to bed so we don't have a replay of the dreaded black paint spilled on the wood floors incident when I painted the front door!
I'm so glad to be done and I LOVE the way it turned out! Now, on to the next project, the dreaded backyard.....
8 comments:
It looks great! Good luck with the backyard
Wow! Looks amazing!! You seem to be Modern in your decorating. Is that you or more Shafer? I LOVE seeing how certain people decorate! It tells a lot about them. :)
Looks AWESOME!!! I've sanded cabinets in a house of ours once and I'll tell you I will NEVER do it again! Kudos to you and shafer!
I'm so glad you took those before and after's it's like looking at a magazine!
Looks awesome! You guys are such professionals! I love that there are before and afters. Love it all!
Looks amazing! Good job. I love seeing the before and after, all the work. Painting cabinets is the worst.
I LOVE the white cabinets. Your hard work was worth it!! I'd love to come see your house in person when we're in Utah.
Linds, your kitchen looks goooood. If I remember right, last time I was there the cabinets didn't have doors. So things are looking better. ;)
Post a Comment