Friday, September 23, 2011

Backyard (& I don't like dogs!)

Well, our seed is now planted, so I thought I'd share some pictures of the process. Here you can see the boys listening to our request that they stay off the dirt pile:

We had 3 truckloads of topsoil brought in and it was the boys' play land for the Labor Day weekend. Needless to say, they had many a bath that weekend! Here you can see the sprinkler trenches before they were filled in:


We rented a bobcat again to help spread the topsoil and it proved again to be well worth the money spent!! Big Boy enjoyed taking a short ride with Daddy:

We had some awesome family come and help. Here my brother, Todd, and my brother-in-law, Jon are loading up some rocks (of which there were thousands!!) to dump in the side yard:

Todd pretending to be a Tuscan Raider (you know, from Star Wars...we're not nerds, I promise!):

Dad, completely exhausted...or so the picture would make you believe:

Todd and Andrew, another brother-in-law, raking out the topsoil:

You guys were so awesome to come and help us and give up a part of your holiday weekend!! Thank you so much!!!

Another view of the yard:

And, now to the part of the post where I was going to happily show you our awesomely planted backyard, but instead get to tell you why I don't like dogs right now! Shafer planted the seed the other night after 2 weekends of delay. He's very much a perfectionist so he had followed the recommendations perfectly and topped it off with a thin layer of grass clippings to protect it. We've been watering it and keeping it moist and it all looked great. I was going to get some pictures today for the blog and this is what I saw:

Yes, we had a visitor in our yard this morning. I'm guessing it's the lab from across the street and I'm not happy about it! He took a lap around the whole yard and left a big mess of paw prints at the edge of the yard. How annoying!! We finally get it in and now it's a big mess! I was so worried about the kids and their friends making a mess, I hadn't thought about animals!!

I guess we'll be finishing the fence now asap! Dumb dog!

2 comments:

Abby said...

You don't need to tell me how annoyong dogs can be! I thought your yard was all fenced in already but maybe you had to remove the fence for the bobcat? I'm liking these Halloween tunes as well!

LAINA said...

So sorry about the dumb dog. I really like dogs but have mixed feelings about their owners sometimes and what they let their dogs do.

What a fun yard you will have. Good job.