Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big Baby S

We've been crazy busy trying to get our backyard ready to plant seed by mid-September. I have some pictures to post, but I'll probably take a few more this Saturday when we plant the seed, so I'll just wait and post them all at once so you don't have to suffer through several backyard posts!

I took Baby S to his 4 month appointment and he's a big boy, he weighs 16 pounds 13 ounces! The doctor gave us the okay to start some solid foods so we gave it a try. Anything to help this baby be a little happier, right! He took right to it, which isn't really a surprise. The other boys wanted to help as well:

Monkey was the funniest to watch:

I had to take back over because the food wasn't really getting in his mouth:

On another unrelated note, the boys and I did a cute project one day when I was about to pull my hair out in frustration with their fighting. This kept Big Boy and Cheeks happy, but it may have actually made things worse for Monkey. Anyhoo, we made some little houses out of paper bags and construction paper. It was a lot of fun.


The proud home owner:

Monkey finally wanted to glue some things on his own and he cheered up a bit:

Cheeks kept adding paper to the bottom of his, so he had the biggest yard:

I decided to do one and I went a little crazy with it. It's a lot easier to finish a paper yard than a real one! The grass is in, the garden is planted, the sandbox is ready to play in:

And in the backyard the fire pit is ready for a relaxing evening!
It was fun to make and it kept the kids busy. I was thinking you could use it as an FHE activity for any kind of home topic. Like making a Christ-Centered home, or Love at Home, or anything like that.

Hopefully my next post will be about our completed backyard, hooray!!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Cute idea, Lindsey! Love those boysies faces!