Shafer's birthday was on a Monday this year and he basically needed a new wardrobe. So, the night before I had him open a few things so he could wear something new on his big day.
On his actual day I made him one of his favorite dinners; BBQ pork sandwiches, and then a yummy chocolate cake with almonds and cherries:
Another gift I got him was A Christmas Carol DVD. His favorite version is the one with George C. Scott. We had borrowed the cartoon version with Jim Carey a few weeks ago. The kids enjoyed it, but we were both bugged with all the extra action and chase scenes. I'm sure they were done because it was in theaters in 3D, but it wasn't my favorite! So, now the kids have seen the REAL movie. Monkey got really nervous at the part where Scrooge gets to his front door and the knocker turns into Marley's face. He bolted out of the room. We were able to coax him back during the tamer scenes, but the poor kid was scared!
We had a really nice evening together celebrating our wonderful husband and dad!
0 comments:
Post a Comment