Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had such a great Thanksgiving day. It was our year to eat with Shafer's family and luckily this time we had a church to do it in, since our numbers have now swelled to 42! We didn't meet until 4 so I had all day to work on the dishes I was bringing and Shafer even made a run over to Old Navy to buy some cheap jeans! Here's a shot of the boys before we left, (this was the best of the bunch-you try getting 4 squirmy boys to hold still!):

I didn't get any great shots of the meal since by the time we got it all ready I was so hungry I wasn't thinking of taking pictures! We had WAY too much food; 2 turkeys, a ham, dozens & dozens of rolls, casserole dish after casserole dish of yams, green beans, and stuffing, at least 4 huge pots of mashed potatoes, a pitcher of gravy, and I won't even start with the pies. It was a feast to remember! Eating at a church was great too because the kids all scattered to various parts of the building to play their games while the adults got to sit in the gym chatting the night away. It was lovely!!

The following night we had our annual Christmas party with my Mother-in-law's side of the family. Here's Shafer with his sweet Granny:

Monkey wanted in on some Granny love as well:

This was the first year that Big Boy got to play in the big War Ball game, he loved it! And Baby S had a great time crawling all over the gym.

It was a great finish to a great week! I just love holidays!!

0 comments: