Sunday, March 25, 2012

Top O' The Mornin' To You!

Well, those pesky leprechauns were at it again this year. They took down all our St. Patrick's decorations and put them all on the mantle, (which ended up being really nice at the end of the day when I cleaned it all up:) They also gathered up all the green cars and LEGOs and had a little fun!

The boys enjoyed seeing what those little guys did. They also left a little pot of jellybeans inside the barn.

Puppy enjoyed doing what he does best, creating chaos out of order!
For breakfast we made some eggs, which the little leprechauns turned green and coincidentally my boys were not thrilled about eating, (mental note for next year, they will not eat them in our house, they will not eat them with a mouse...) But, they did gobble down our little fruit rainbow with a yogurt cloud to dip it in!
That night the Elder's Quorum (read Elder's Quorum Wives) put on a ward party. Since it was on St. Patty's Day we had to do a green party. Here's Shafer with his counselors all dressed alike, isn't that sweet?! :)

We had corned beef and cabbage, we decorated with lots of green, and I put on a treasure hunt for the kids. I need to remember next time that the kids don't appreciate the little rhymes I spent hours putting together, they just want to get to the candy at the end. It was a big success though, and they even followed the parts of my clues where it said to hop to the next clue, they were hopping at top speed!
It was a fun day, but a bit on the stressful side with the big party in the evening. I love being in a room full of people who are all wearing the same color though, what other day of the year does that happen? Never, that's when!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun and cute ideas! We just did green muffins and orange juice, I wasn't really sure what to do for St. Patrick's Day. Next year, we will have to have a leprechaun come visit! I have learned that same truth about treasure hunts with kids; forget the rhyming words, just give us the candy! :)

Abby said...

Love me some fruit in a rainbow!!!