Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Puppy is 1!!

Shafer and I have a running joke about our Life Before Kids or LBK as we refer to it.  Back then I never realized that time was moving so fast!  I don't think there is anything like watching a baby grow in their first year that shows so concretely how fast time moves!  It seriously blows my mind to think it's been a whole year since this little guy came into our lives!!

Puppy loves balls and loved getting one for each hand.  He'll throw them and chase after them all day!

Unfortunately he had a little cold that day, so he had some moments of chilling on the couch, which for him is very unusual (but okay with me!)

We had the grandparents and some cousins over that evening for cake and ice cream.  He was having fun opening the presents.  (Also on a side note, notice Cheeks in the background-We got that belt in a bag of hand-me-downs from a neighbor.  It is used constantly now as a lightsaber holder, or some other kind of dress-up.  That day I was wearing a shirt with a belt over it and Cheeks decided he liked that look so he copied.  I love kids and their 'fashion!')

As you can see the lightsabers are still a big hit around here!

Puppy was loving the tissue paper.

This piece of cake was gone in seconds!  This boy knows how to eat!!
We're so grateful to have this little cutie in our family!  I'm not gonna lie and say this year has been pure bliss, he's been our saddest baby and our clingiest baby.  But, as he grows and learns new things he gets happier and happier.  Just a few nights ago he finally started walking and he's been practicing ever since.  It makes him so happy to be able to walk and it makes me happy too!  He's a sweet, squishy little guy and we love him so much!  I'm so grateful that I get to be his mom and watch his little personality develop.  We love you Puppy!!

0 comments: