Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brigham City Temple

On our way back from Bear Lake we decided to stop by and walk around the new Brigham City Temple.  I had checked beforehand and the Open House wasn't going to start until the day after we would be there.  What we didn't count on was VIP day.  Apparently the day before an open house starts they do a special day for, well VIPs.  So, the temple grounds were bustling with people when we got there. 
 My Dad is a person who makes things happen and before we knew he'd talked to someone about our situation and they invited us in to tour the temple.  And, yes, this is what we were dressed like:
 The sweet lady who helped us through kept telling us that they welcomed 'all kinds of people' to walk through the temple during the open house.  I wanted to tell her 'but we're like you too!'  If I would have thought there was even a possibility of walking through the temple I would have packed Sunday clothes for sure!  Oh, well, like the sweet lady's husband kept saying, 'until it's dedicated it's just a building!'  My favorite comment came from Grandma who said, 'just my luck I'll run into Monson dressed like this!'  Unfortunately, or fortunately, (however you look at it), we did not see President Monson there! 
It was such a treat to be able to walk with my cute boys through a temple.  This was their third temple open house although they don't remember the Draper or Oquirrh Mountain temples much.  Even though we were dressed for a day on the road, the spirit of the temple shone through it all.  My boys behaved better than I could have hoped for.  And sitting in the celestial room with my whole family there brought tears to my eyes.  I only hope that someday I can have that experience again when my boys start going on missions!  It is a beautiful temple and I'm so grateful that we were able to see it!  It was the perfect end to our reunion!

0 comments: