Saturday, November 17, 2012

Party at the Zombie Prom!

A couple days after we got back from Hawaii the Geertsens threw their annual Halloween party.  The theme was zombie prom, and the invitations and decor were awesome as always!  As you may have noticed from the pictures below, we did not dress as zombies.  I knew this party was coming up and I wanted to be prepared when we got back from our trip, so the theme was already picked and costumes set aside before I knew there was a theme for the party.  Oh, well, you can't win them all!  But, I was super excited to do a Star Wars family costume.  The boys have been into the movies for a while now, so it was a lot of fun.  We were able to borrow most of it, buy a few things from DI, and make a couple things to make it work.  It was a lot of fun! 

This Yoda costume is the cutest thing ever!  Puppy only wore it long enough to take a few pictures, but it was adorable!!  We borrowed it from a neighbor.

These two costumes were the most work.  My Mom helped me sew up this Princess Leia dress out of super cheap sheets from IKEA.  I found all of Shafer's Han Solo stuff at DI.  The vest is made out of a black t-shirt I cut up and lined with felt to keep it from rolling up around the edges.  I think they turned out pretty good! 
The party was so much fun as always!  I love that everyone goes all out and dresses up.  Can't wait for next year!!

1 comments:

Abby said...

I didn't realize you MADE the costumes. Good on ya! Linign a tee with felt? Sounds toooo hard!