Monday, September 2, 2013

Cub Country

My new calling in our ward is a Wolf Den leader.  It worked out perfectly that Big Boy turned 8 right after I was called, so I get to be his scout leader!  This summer I got to experience my first Cub Scout camp!  They went for 2 days.  The first day was a dinosaur theme; then the second day was Superhero Academy.  That's the day I got to go:
 Here are the scouts listening very intently to their group leader, Mr. Sir.  He was a lot of fun.
 

The boys all loved the obstacle course; especially when the leaders told them to do dirt angels on the ground.  These boys were DIRTY!!!

They learned how to tie various knots:

They made superhero masks and immediately struck superhero poses:

They made some paper rockets and shot them up into the sky; that was a big hit!

I think aside from the scout shop where they got to buy treats and sling shots, the favorite part of the day was when they got to shoot BB guns.  I even took a few shots myself!

It was a really fun day, these boys didn't stop smiling the whole time.  They really know how to entertain a bunch of rowdy 8 year olds!!!

0 comments: