I haven't posted for a while since my boys have all been sick for over a week. Well, actually they've taken turns being sick. Cheeks was sick last weekend with a cough, fever and runny nose, then Baby M started getting sick on Tuesday with the same symptoms. Big Boy has just joined the sick crew this weekend. So, I've been busy wiping runny noses and holding sad little boys. I've decided that sick kids are the worst! The only good thing about it is they let you just sit and hold them for longer than 5 seconds!
There have been a few funny Big Boy moments this week, so I thought I'd share them.
My visiting teachers came over and one of them was the pianist in Primary. I guess on Sunday the chorister asked Big Boy what his favorite song was and he answered, 'Life is a Highway.' Apparently he got quite a laugh from everyone in the room!
Even though the boys are sick it doesn't keep them from being in trouble. One particularly bad night Big Boy couldn't stop hitting Cheeks so he was sent to his room. Shortly thereafter Cheeks couldn't stop rolling all over Baby M so he was sent to his room. Big Boy likes to scream when he's punished and he was in there screaming, 'You're a bad Mommy!' To which Cheeks would reply, 'She's not a bad Mommy!!' I had a little defender in there, even though he was being punished as well! Shafer told me a similar story from the other day when I was out running errands. Although there was another line added to Big Boys tantrum, 'You're a bad Daddy because you don't give me everything I want!' He's a funny one that Big Boy!
I was lucky this week and was able to have a fun outing with Shafer's sisters. We all decided to meet at IKEA to have lunch and look around. Shafer was home that day so I left the boys with him while I went. The other sisters brought some of their younger kids and checked them in at the playland up front. It was so nice to be able to browse around without my boys running off and whining. After an hour they had to go pick up their kids from the playland and we continued walking around with 11 kids in tow. That's right, with only the youngest kids in the family we still had 11 with us! It was crazy to say the least. By the time I got home I'd been gone for 6 hours!!! I felt so bad for leaving Shafer with the boys for so long, but it was nice to get away for a while. After that IKEAthon I think I'm done with that store until we buy a house, then I'm gonna want to do some serious shopping there!
That's basically all that's been going on in these parts. Hopefully the boys will start to get better and Shafer and I can stay healthy (that's probably not very likely!).
Oh, Shafer has an interview scheduled for the position here in Utah, so wish him luck, we really want to stay!!!
(Valentine's Day update to come.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment