We had a fun Valentine's this year despite the kids all being sick and Shafer working. I stayed up late the night before making heart shaped sugar cookies with pink frosting and sprinkles. I hung hearts from the light over the table and set out the cookies along with some other fun treats. In the morning when Big Boy woke up he came to our room and started on his usual requests for breakfast when he did a double take down the hall and stopped asking for honey cheerios mid sentence. He then ran to the table and started exploring the treats with glee. I made him eat some cereal first, but then I let him have a cookie and some chocolate with his breakfast. It's only once a year, right?
Friday, February 20, 2009
I Choo Choo Choose You!
I found this idea for a fun Valentine's FHE on a blog somewhere and decided to do it after lunch since we didn't get the chance on Monday. You draw pictures of each member of the family and cut them out, then you cut out a heart for each member. You let the kids pick a family member out of a bag, then you make a list of all the ways you can show love for that person on the heart. I gave them a few ideas at the start of each list, then the rest of the ideas are the boys. It was fun, and I gotta be honest, I really enjoyed drawing and coloring the pictures!
I had a fun dinner with the boys that night, sweet and sour chicken, ham fried rice, and some fluffy pink jello for the boys. After dinner we delivered some heart cookies to our sweet, elderly neighbor.
All in all it was a fun Valentine's Day and the boys had a great time!
Posted by Lindsey T at 11:45 AM
Labels: fhe ideas, valentine's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a good day; what a good mom you are Linds!
I was mentioning to Lesie the very same thing about what a great and good Mom we have for a daughter in law. We both really enjoyed our visit with you Sun. Pm. Thanks for the post. Pops and Leslie who has already turned in.
Post a Comment