Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Warm Fuzzy FHE

We received a very cute box full of 'warm fuzzies' for Valentine's Day from Shafer's sister and her family. I decided to use it as our FHE lesson the next day.
I read from President Monson's October General Conference talk where he tells about all the letters he received from church members doing service for his birthday present. One ward had a 'warm fuzzy' for every good deed they did.
We talked about all the nice things we can do to help each member of our family: sharing a toy, cleaning up toys, making your bed, hugging a brother who's sad, etc.
Then we told them that we were going to give them a 'warm fuzzy' to put in a vase for every nice thing they do. When the fuzzies were all in the vase we'd get a special treat! We just finished up the fuzzies this week and they got their special treat-Peeps! They really enjoyed doing it and they still ask if they can put a fuzzy in the vase , even though we're out! I guess I'll have to empty it out and start over!

1 comments:

Abby said...

That talk at General Conference really stole my thunder. I was planning on doing the warm fuzzies for V-day and then he goes and spoils the surprise! He he