It's a little late coming, but I wanted to post about a few of the other fun things we did while my brother and his family were in town.
The biggest excitement for me was meeting my little niece who was born in September. Isn't she precious?!
The second thing we were all introduced to was the 'Shacket.' Okay, so only I call it the shacket, but I thought it was funny (you know short sleeve+jacket=shacket?). My Dad got these from work and passed them around and not a one of us could stop giggling the whole night. (I will say for the sake of my Dad that I can see a few situations where this would seem like a normal thing to wear).
The kids were putting together quite a 'collection' in my parent's backyard. I thought it looked pretty.
Here's all 11 grand kids. I had to put these two pictures together because I love the progression. If you'll look at Cheeks and his cute cousin BB they're plotting in this picture...
And here's the result of their scheme:
We were also able to have a birthday party for BB while they were here:
Here's Big Boy oblivious to the party going on around him because he's so engrossed in his puzzle. I tell you, puzzles are my new favorite way to keep my boys busy!
We love it when Steve and his family come to visit! I wish we could see them more often, but we sure take advantage when they're in town. I think I drove up to my parent's house every day except one for a whole week!! Good times!
2 comments:
I really like the 'shackets'. Very creative. Your family is so fun. I miss you guys!
Great pictures of all of you! Sounds like you all had a great time. It was good to see you.
BTW, I'm sure you've already done tons and tons of searches for gluten-free recipes, but I just found this blog with tons of links just in case you're interested:
http://theclevermommy.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment