We had a pretty packed Memorial Day Weekend. However, I only took pictures on Monday. Saturday we headed into Salt Lake for a yard sale/fair at Pioneer Park. The yard sale part was lame, but they had free bouncy houses and slides so we let the boys go nuts. After that we drove up to the SLC cemetery to put flowers on Shafer's Grandpa's grave. His funeral was the day Cheeks was born in NJ so we weren't able to be there for it.
Sunday we went to my parent's house for a big BBQ with our cousins. The food was excellent and the kids had a blast playing in my parent's backyard.
On Monday we met up with Shafer's family at the Provo Cemetery where Shafer's other grandparents are buried.
Waiting for everyone to show up:
Some of the kiddos:

Monkey's not so sure about all this:

4 Generations:

Our Fam:

Enjoying the GORGEOUS weather:

Afterwards we met up at Rock Canyon Park and had a picnic. Great Granny met up with us:

Most of the husbands decided to go to a movie, so we hung out with the kids for a while at Lindsey G's house. When we started to get hungry we decided to go out. Luckily the oldest cousins are old enough to watch the little kids so off we went:

We went to Los Hermanos and it would have been a great time if I didn't have Celiac Disease. We called ahead to see if they had a gluten free menu and they said they did and that they always had people with Celiac come in and they had lots of choices. Once we got there the story suddenly changed. They said they couldn't guarantee anything would be GF. I asked lots of questions and felt like it would be okay to go ahead and order. The waitress didn't know anything about it but was trying her best. After my order came with a FLOUR tortilla and had to be sent back my mother-in-law talked to the waitress and was able to get my meal for free. So, at least I didn't have to pay for an experience where I was holding back tears the entire night! No more Los Hermanos for me I guess.

Otherwise it was a great day and we had a fun time with the whole gang!
1 comments:
Ahh, Lindsey, I sure think of you a lot and your gluten challenges. I really admire you- I think if it was me I'd be tempted to throw in the towel, but then feeling crummy is no good. You have such geat will power, I know it affects you daily. Anyway, that was a fun day to all be together!
Post a Comment