Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Aftermath

This first picture of Monkey just about sums up what's been going on at our house since Halloween:

Pretty much every other sentence out of my boys' mouths is 'Can I have some more candy?'
At some point in the near future I'm sure most of it will end up in the trash, not only for the sake of their teeth, but for my sanity!!


Here are our jack-o-lanterns from the big night. Shafer did the cool spiderweb one and I did the much simpler vampire:
Cheeks is the artist of this little guy:I was looking for a pattern to do on it and when I turned around Cheeks had taken the little poker thing that comes with carving kits and jabbed out this face. I thought it was pretty impressive for a 3 year old, so I carved it out!
Shafer and I both decided that we won't do any carving next year, we'll just let the kids go at it since they enjoyed it so much!
It was a fun Halloween, but I've gotta say I'm glad it's over for another year!!

1 comments:

Abby said...

Those little pumpkin carvers are great for kids. Gray was busy for hours mutilating his pumpkin. I didn't get around to buying it till Nov 1. You and Shafer should not give up carving though cause your goooood.