My Dad turned 60 this last week. To mark the occasion we (my Mom, my siblings, and I) planned a special program for him, (my Dad loves a good planned out formal program!) We decided on a Top 60 list. Each of us did a top 10 and made a list of stories about Dad, funny things Dad says (Dadisms), and things we love and admire about Dad. Then we left the last top 10 for my Grandparents and the grand kids.
Here we all are ready to go. We each wore something to represent my Dad; his old shirts, his high school letter jacket, a BYU sweatshirt, and Em & I sported his old Johnny Carson blazers.
In between each top 10 we played some of my Dad's favorite music and we even put in a few musical numbers. Em and I sang along to 'Sisters' from White Christmas. When we were younger my Dad used to always want us to sing it at family gatherings, so we finally relented for his big day!
Here I am presenting my 10:
After mine we all did the 'Dad Dance' to 'Walk Like a Man.' My Dad always does this funny dance with a funny face whenever peppy music comes on, so we all had to do it! 
After the grand kids did their 10 they sang 'We love you Grandpa' to the tune of 'We love you Conrad' from Bye Bye Birdie, one of my Dad's favorite. They all did a big group hug after which we didn't plan, but was really cute!
When we were all done we presented him with a book about his life with pictures that we had prepared. I think the program went over well. We sure love our Dad and we're so blessed to have him in our lives! He's such a great example in so many ways and we've all inherited some of his great qualities, Thank you Dad!! Happy Birthday!
1 comments:
That was so fun reading about your family party for your dad! Wow, Scott and I just couldn't believe that he's 60!!! He's such a young guy. We'd love to hear the Top 60 things.
Post a Comment