Monday, January 31, 2011

Girls' Weekend

My awesome sister-in-laws planned a fun-filled weekend trip for just the girls in Southern Utah. My SIL Lindsey's parents-in-law have a second home in Hurricane that they so kindly let us use. It was by no means warm down there, but compared to the inversion and the freezing temperatures up North it was gorgeous weather, no coats needed! This is the view from the front of the house:

Here we are in front of the St. George temple after doing a session (Lindsey, Abby, Me, and Sadie):

My Grandparents spent the whole month in St. George, so we got to have lunch with them and see the beautiful home they were staying in:
Our last full day we decided to drive down to Vegas to do some shopping. The shopping part I loved, but I'm not particularly fond of Vegas! There are some beautiful things there, including the conservatory and the fountains at the Bellagio:

We ended up eating at The Grand Luxe Cafe at the Venetian for Sadie's birthday:
It was a really yummy meal. Here Abby and I are enjoying our creme brulee:We ended up getting quite a show during our meal as some individuals coming from the adult 'entertainment' expo going on at the convention center were seated right behind us. It's moments like that when you wonder if there are any values left in the world. It was also a forceful reminder of why I do not like Vegas!!
Aside from that jaw-dropping experience, the weekend was so much fun. I loved having a chance to have a breather from my daily tasks and just get to enjoy my beautiful and hilarious sister-in-laws! I'm so lucky to have married into such an awesome family, I feel right at home with them all!
We missed Leslie, Eliza, and Ashley who couldn't make it, but that just means we need to make a tradition of this trip so they can come next time...

3 comments:

LAINA said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad you guys all got to get away.

Melissa said...

How fun! And you are looking so cute pregnant!

Lindsey said...

That could not have been more fun! I hope you don't mind, I waited for you and Abby to post on this so I could steal your pictures. Good times!