Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Mimi!

My amazing Grandma turned 80 right after Christmas. My Dad kept leading her to believe we hadn't planned anything by singing Happy Birthday at every family gathering during the Christmas season. Boy was she surprised when she walked in to my cousin's home to see all her local family waiting to share her special day with her! Even my Aunt and Uncle serving as mission president in South America were there via Skype.

My Dad wrote up a beautiful tribute to Grandma that shared what we all feel toward this wonderful woman in our lives:
We made a special book for her including pictures of each family and our testimonies of the gospel. For this we were able to include pages for those living out of state as well.
Then, what's a birthday without a cake or 2? I'm so grateful for my Grandma. She is such an example to me of how to live my life. I love that I can see her traits in different members of our family. I think I inherited her thriftiness (or my inability to pay full-price for something:) and her punctuality, for which I'm grateful. I've always known that I was important to her as is all of her family and it has taught me that family is everything. I love you Grandma, Happy Birthday!

0 comments: