Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big Moments for Big Boy

This boy cracks me up! The other morning the boys all barged into my room to 'gently' wake me up. I responded by telling them that mommy was really tired because it's hard to sleep with a baby in my tummy. Big Boy ushers the other two out the door while explaining to them that 'it's hard for mommy to sleep because the baby sits on her splatter and pushes on her splatter and she has to go to the bathroom in the night time.' :) Then at breakfast he was telling me what his favorite letters are and why. G for Grandma, D for Daddy, M for Mommy, etc. Then he said C and I was trying to figure out who that was for when he said 'you know, for Crappa' Now I'd noticed that when he referred to my Dad he was saying Crappa instead of Grandpa and it just sounded cute, I didn't realize that he really thought it started with a C! But, now that I think about it he calls my Mom Gramma, so he knew that one. It's funny once kids start learning to spell and read they start realizing they're saying words wrong. Hahaha!
Speaking of spelling and reading, he's doing such a good job on both. I'm amazed that they're already reading in Kindergarten! I'm pretty sure I wasn't reading at that age!
I can't believe he's almost 6! It doesn't seem like it could have been 6 years since I became a mom! The other day we were at my parents' house and he realized he had a loose tooth!! Are you kidding me?! I remember eagerly awaiting the arrival of that tooth and the excitement I felt when I first felt it pop through his little gums! And now it's just going to fall out?! I was seriously holding back tears to think that my little guy is big enough for this milestone!! Time really does fly with these kiddos. It felt like my mind suddenly went through a fast forward of his life and I saw him as a teenager and leaving for a mission and college and getting married. It's a bit overwhelming! I'm just glad he still likes to cuddle with me and that he still tells me he loves me when I drop him off to school. I'm sure those days will come to an end soon. I just hope I can enjoy them and savor them while they're still here!

0 comments: