This first picture is actually a few days before the big Green day, but I thought I'd include it since my kids did find a pot of gold!
The boys had a friend from the neighborhood over so we did a little treasure hunt around the house looking for clovers.
Here they're finding a little halfway point treat:
Here's the pot of gold. It was actually mostly full of jelly beans, but there had to be a little gold, right?
Now they get to enjoy their hard work. Actually this is just moments before everyone started melting down because there were only a few jelly beans left and apparently not everyone got the exact same amount. Can you imagine? Shafer and I have discussed how whenever things are going well and you think you'll do something fun for the kids, like give them a treat, suddenly every one's sad and whining and crying. It makes me wonder why I try to make holidays fun, they're usually my most stressful days!
My St. Patrick's day dinner tradition is just for me though, so I had that to make up for the meltdown. A few years ago I started cooking a traditional Irish meal and I've looked forward to it every March. Here's our corned beef, cabbage, garlic mashed potatoes, Irish Soda Bread (GF of course), and I threw in some lime and pear jello just for good measure! It was so good. Who cares if I'm the only one who likes it, right? Actually they did pretty good with it, I've got some good eaters!
Hope you all had a great St. Patty's day as well!
1 comments:
Cute, Lindsey! You are very creative and a fun momma. I love the green balls in the glass in your entry way! You think of everything!
Post a Comment