Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Big Boy is 6!!!

After weeks of anticipation the big day finally arrived; Big Boy turned 6!!! I've been almost as excited as he was since we finally took the plunge and bought a bike:

This seems to be the scene every birthday morning as the non-birthday boys sit around watching the birthday boy open presents:
He wasted no time testing out the bike downstairs, he's a pro already:
Here's Daddy headed off to work, not really birthday related, but cute:
We did his first ever friend party this year. Don't ask me why I decided to do one this year when I'm 9 months pregnant, but I think he had a good time. We invited too many kids for sure, next time it will be a much smaller group. It was kind of a crazy party! Unfortunately my camera battery ran out just as the party started, so this is the only shot I got, they're watching a race scene from Herbie the Love Bug since it was a race car theme party:
This isn't a great shot, but we wanted to remember that it was SNOWING on his birthday. I don't think that has happened before!
The next day we got to celebrate some more with his cousins and grandparents. We had lunch at In and Out burger. It was good, but you have to be willing to eat lunch at about 11:15 in order to beat the rush!
Then we finished up with some yummy gluten free brownies! I think the birthday was well celebrated! Maybe that's why I chose to do a friend party, I don't want him to feel overshadowed by this baby on the way. Now that the big day is over I'd be TOTALLY fine with the baby coming any time now!!!

We sure love our Big Boy! He's such a good kid and he's so smart. I can't believe he's been in my life for 6 years, I'm the luckiest mom ever!!

0 comments: