This is a phrase Shafer has said a few times over the last few weeks. I don't take offense, because it's totally true. You hear about the 'nesting phase' in pregnancy, well I'm in it! I'll be working on some project or cleaning out some random closet and Shafer will compare me to an animal. I just laugh because I kind of do feel like a bird getting her nest all ready for a new chick. Here are a couple projects I've been working on recently. First is a new wreath for the front door. After Christmas it seemed so bare with nothing on it, so I made a yarn wreath with some felt flowers:
After two years of living in our house this main wall in the family room was still bare. So using almost exclusively things we already owned or were given (with a frame from DI and a new map) we put together this lovely gallery wall representing the places we've lived together. I'm planning on painting a lot of the frames still, but for now I'm just glad to have something on the wall!!
And, finally the baby's room. I've never had the chance to decorate a baby's room before because we've always lived in a rental and I didn't want to invest any time or money into a place we'd be leaving within months. First I painted the room green. I'm not sure I love the color, but I like it and depending on whether we have a girl or boy I plan on making it cuter at a later time. I made some 'art' using scrapbook paper and some frames we already had. I'd seen these cute alphabet and number posters on Etsy, but they were so expensive I thought I could make some of my own. I'm happy with how they turned out:
Here's a wider shot of the room. The crib is to the right of the window. That's all the progress I've made, but I think it's cute enough for a baby to move in!
I think I'm done with any further projects until after baby comes, I don't think I can take anything else at this point. Hopefully in the animal kingdom that means that the baby will be coming soon!!
4 comments:
You are crazy talented! I was reading your first paragraph thinking, "I'm just not a wreath person." Then I saw your wreath and thought, "That's really cute! I could hang that on my door." I LOVE the idea of a "where we've lived together" wall and may have to incorporate that into my own house now that we've logged a few places. And I thought your baby room art was purchased until I read that you made it. What a fantastic idea! You amaze me, Lindsey.
What an adorable nursery! So fun to decorate for the little one, and you do such a cute job too! I need some of that nesting to rub off on me - my project list is way too long and I just can't seem to get to any of them. I'm excited for baby #4 to come!
I love that phase because I feel like I accomplish so much! Love all the things you've been doing. That's such a good idea to display the places you've lived as a family.
All very cute!
Can't wait to find out boy or girl.
Post a Comment