I wasn't feeling like doing anything too big for April Fools this year, but I didn't want to let it go by unnoticed either. After last year's wacky dinner didn't get much of a reaction I decided to do something a little more obvious that I knew my kids would react to. So, I decorated our table with some various holiday items; Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines, and St. Patrick's. They woke up in the morning to this:
It worked out great, because my mother-in-law sent us a Christmas card for her April Fools joke. So, they got up and looked over the table, then I had them open the card from Granny and Grandpa. I told them I'd forgotten that April 1st is the day we celebrate every holiday all in one day. I had them tell me what we do for every holiday and made a list. I told them we had a busy day ahead of us if we wanted to get everything done on the list! They looked confused and excited, it was great! Then I said I forgot one thing...APRIL FOOLS!!!!!
There was still a little confusion, because they don't really remember April Fools from last year, but by the end of the day we had them cracking their own jokes, ei: look out the window, I see Lightning McQueen! April Fools!!! It was great!
I think once they're in school on April Fools day they'll start to get it more. But, Big Boy is off track right now, so I had to take matters into my own hands!
1 comments:
What a good mom you are! I am usually all over holidays, but I didn't do anything for April Fools. I love that your boys starting playing jokes on each other and that they were things like Lightening McQueen being outside. Our kids would get along so great.
Post a Comment