For whatever reason it has just taken me FOREVER to load these pictures, so I'm not gonna say much.
We were lucky enough to have a family reunion with Shafer's family up at a fantastic cabin in Bear Lake. We're a group of 40 so it was crazy fun! Here the boys explore the place with some cousins after we arrived:
We worried about how to feed such a big group without having a huge mess all day and having the kids eating junk all day. Our solution was to have a 'kitchen closed' sign between meals. It worked pretty well. Here's Abby putting down the law:
Here's those of us who were there the first morning getting ready for our walk. This is 4 of the 6 families:
The sisters ended up all dressing in yellow and grey, we coordinated with nature as well!
This is the view we woke up to every morning, it was breathtaking!
The cabin had a great backyard with a swing set, fire pit, and grass to play on:
Abby shared a little thought after the hike:
Some shots of my sweet boys:


Me and my man:
At one point in the walk a rock throwing contest started, it was a hit with the boys:
Shafer started a new sport-helmet Frisbee. Basically I threw the Frisbee and he tried to hit it with his head:
There was a Polaris Ranger available and you can bet the kids were constantly lined up to take a ride. Big Boy and Cheeks are in the back:
There was always some kind of coloring or crafty activity going on for the kiddos:
On our last night we had a masquerade ball and it was awesome! We each got to make our own mask, then we danced and partied all night! 
I thought our masks were pretty cool. I especially like how Shafer put his glasses on over the mask so he could still see:
Here's Shafer's parents with all the grand kids. We're quite a group!
It was such a great weekend and we were all sad to see it end! I just realized that there's not a picture of Baby S in the line up here. I promise he was there and sometimes had a good time! He got to take a nap anytime he was sad, I guess that was also anytime we had a camera out! :)
I wish I could give a more detailed description of our fun trip, but I've already been on the computer for far too long. Suffice it to say we had a blast and we can't wait to get together with our awesome family again!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment